Posted Apr 30, 2009 at 12:53:01 PM
Subject: SW-Developer as R&D Engineer in Lucerne / Switzerland
The School of Engineering and Architecture at the Lucerne University of Applied Sciences and Arts is the leading education and research institute for architecture, computer science and engineering in central Switzerland. We educate around 1,000 students offering degrees in Architecture, Interior Design, Structural Engineering, Building Services Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering as well as Business Engineering. The main focus of our research is in the area of automated building systems.
In our Competence Center Innovation in Intelligent Multimedia Sensor Networks (IIMSN), we focus on the research and development of networks for the transmission of video and audio data. We work on all levels of the system design from intelligent cameras to intelligent wired and wireless network architectures to control and management systems. We concentrate on broadband communication technologies and combine that with our competencies in video content analysis.
The applications for such networks are in building systems and transportation such as rail and aircraft. We cooperate together with national and international research and industry partners. Further information about our competence center can be found at www.hslu.ch/IIMSN.
For the continuing development of our department, we are looking for a
Software Developer as Research Engineer
- SW-Development in Video Content Analysis, Wireless Mesh Networks and Broadband over Existing Cabling
- Implementation and optimisation of communication protocols and interfaces
- API design including HW/SW interfaces
- Firmware/Driver development (mainly Linux based)
- System administration support
- Bachelor/Master degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or a related field
- Strong C/C++ programming experience in Windows and Linux (optional C#, .NET)
- Practical experience in Linux/Unix networking programming and applications
- Experience with IP-based communication protocols and/or video analysis preferable
What we provide
We offer you a diversified and challenging position in an appealing work environment as well as excellent continuing education possibilities. In our research and development projects, you have the opportunity to take part in and to shape innovative product development. Located on the shore of Lake Lucerne and at the base of Mount Pilatus in the Swiss Alps, the university provides not only an attractive work environment, but also breath-taking scenery and attractions.
Applications will be accepted until May 25, 2009 under the keyword L-9007 at the following address: Lucerne University of Applied Sciences and Arts, Human Resources, Ms. Silvia Hurschler, Technikumstr. 21, CH-6048 Horw.