This is a read-only archive. Find the latest Linux articles, documentation, and answers at the new Linux.com!

Linux.com

Forums: New to Linux - Clock

Other Topics
Posted Jun 14, 2008 at 11:29:51 PM
Subject: Clock
Hi. I usually use Windows, but a friend of mine tell me about Linux and I decided to try it. I install a Sabayon distribution and now I have a small problem. I can't configure the clock. I change the timezone, but nothing. Help me please... PS: Sorry my english, but is the best that I can do.
Back to top Profile Email Website MSN
Khabi
Joined Apr 21, 2008

Other Topics
Posted: Jun 16, 2008 7:18:39 PM
well, since Sabayon is a gentoo fork I'm assuming this will work. Open your console and find your correct timezone file. It should be in /usr/share/zoneinfo. In my case its this file '/usr/share/zoneinfo/America/Phoenix'. Then just copy that file to /etc/localtime cp /usr/share/zoneinfo/America/Phoenix /usr/share/zoneinfo That should be all it takes to change it.
Back to top Profile Email Website
Johannes Truschnigg

Joined Jun 15, 2008

Other Topics
Posted: Jun 17, 2008 6:10:38 PM
You're actually supposed to symlink that file, because zonedata may change. ln -sf /usr/share/zoneinfo/Europe/Vienna /etc/localtime would do that for Vienna in Europe, for example. [Modified by: Johannes Truschnigg on June 17, 2008 07:12 PM]

Free software. Free society. Better lives.

Back to top Profile Email Website
Tableless layout Validate XHTML 1.0 Strict Validate CSS Powered by Xaraya