This is a read-only archive. Find the latest Linux articles, documentation, and answers at the new Linux.com!

Linux.com

Other Topics
Posted May 26, 2008 at 4:52:07 PM
Subject: OSPF - Adding Type 5 LSA route to a router
Hi Team I have query in OSPF implementation , We have an internal setup with 3 routers ( ZEBRA - zebra-0.93b.tar.gz ). And 2 routers are trying to update the 3rd router with same route say ( 172.25.25.0/24 ) but one is going to update by Type -3 LSA and other one via Type - 5 , In this scenario , type - 3 is getting added and no issues. But if u have already a Type - 5 External route in ur router and if u add the same route with Type -3 then issue starts. Type - 5 is getting deleted and Type - 3 is added , this is happening but again type - 3 is deleted so now there is no route in the router either by type -3 or type -5 , IS it a normal behaviour or an issue Please let us know comments on this issue --Sathya
Back to top Profile Email Website
Lennie
Joined Jun 05, 2008

Other Topics
Posted: Jun 05, 2008 11:59:21 PM
I don't use OSPF my self, but I do have a few tips: 1. most people don't use Zebra anymore, it's not much maintained. People that do want to use it, use Quagga instead, which is maintained. 2. They also have a mailinglist, I suggest asking there instead.. 3. You could also use OpenBSD/OpenOSPFd instead of Zebra/Quagga
Zachary Loeber
Joined Mar 26, 2008

Other Topics
Posted: Jun 06, 2008 5:16:24 PM
A type 3 (which should come from an ABR) vs. a type 5 (from an ASBR) shouldn't be distributing the same route. A type three would distribute a route in a different ospf AS whereas a type 5 would be from a different routing protocol all together and are usually redistributed into the network manually. Either your design is seriously flawed or your explanation of the network is not sufficient to troubleshoot this issue. [quote=Sathya]Hi Team I have query in OSPF implementation , We have an internal setup with 3 routers ( ZEBRA - zebra-0.93b.tar.gz ). And 2 routers are trying to update the 3rd router with same route say ( 172.25.25.0/24 ) but one is going to update by Type -3 LSA and other one via Type - 5 , In this scenario , type - 3 is getting added and no issues. But if u have already a Type - 5 External route in ur router and if u add the same route with Type -3 then issue starts. Type - 5 is getting deleted and Type - 3 is added , this is happening but again type - 3 is deleted so now there is no route in the router either by type -3 or type -5 , IS it a normal behaviour or an issue Please let us know comments on this issue --Sathya [/quote]
Tableless layout Validate XHTML 1.0 Strict Validate CSS Powered by Xaraya