- About Us
* Daniel Goldsmith proposed a LILO Multi Distro mini HOWTO that discusses issues relating to LILO, multiple distributions and the 1024-cylinder problem. Sebastien FRANCOIS recommended merging documentations when they're related to a same subject and that another section be created in an existing HOWTO for what has to be added.
* Tor Slettnes sent his Spam Filtering for Mail Exchangers HOWTO for review. The document discusses how to reject junk mail in incoming SMTP transactions.
2. New document proposals
* Martijn Hinderdael devised a disk-less MP3 player (debian based) which is controlled through 15 buttons on the serial port. The circuitry is completely without chips but has some buttons and diodes. The software for operating the buttons is a very small C-program and a bash script that assigns the functions to each button. Martijn would like to hear your opinion about a Linux MP3 player with 15 buttons on serial port howto.
* David Horton recently had a difficult time finding any up-to-date self study books for the Linux Professional Institute 101 & 102 certification exams. It seems that everything was printed about 2000 or 2001 and the LPI exams were updated in 2003. He put together a skeleton of a self-study guide which is available in HTML and DocBook XML here. Guru - also pointed us to LPI certification 101 (release 2) exam prep, Part 1: Linux fundamentals On IBM Developerworks Linux Section.
3. HOWTO contribute to The LDP
The Linux Documentation Project (TLDP) is working on developing free, high quality documentation for the GNU/Linux operating system. If you want to help TLDP, consider joining <firstname.lastname@example.org>.
Help us create this newsletter. We need volunteers who follow the community (mailing lists, newsgroups, web channels) and report events related to free software documentation. Write to us at <email@example.com>.
The LDP Weekly News is compiled and edited by Machtelt Garrels and Y Giridhar Appaji Nag with help from several other people.