- About Us
* Gareth Anderson submitted the GNU/Linux tools summary, which is an attempt at listing common tools available on a GNU/Linux based system.
* Stein Gjoen believes his HOWTO generator is now ready for review. It is meant as a tool for TLDP authors who do not want to learn the DocBook markup but just want to submit content.
2. New document proposals
* Venkat Ramana Enaganti had a problem with automatic creation of home-directories when creating LDAP accounts. He documents his solution in this Autodir HOWTO and waits for your comments.
* Greg Porter inherited some old HP servers and wanted to run Linux on them. The process of installing Linux, however, required a firmware upgrade, which caused him some trouble. So he wrote a document discussing the Hewlett Packard Unix Server Firmware and the HP Boot Sequence, which he thinks will make a fine companion for the HP HOWTO.
* Ray Benjamin wrote a Getting Linux Help HOWTO and welcomes your comments.
* Tor Slettnes is documenting his setup for spam filtering on incoming mail using a combination of Exim, Exiscan, Spamassassin and Greylistd, but realized that theory can be split from practice to make his document more useful for general application and inclusion into TLDP.
3. Updated HOWTOs, FAQs and Guides
4. News in The LDP world
* Outdated Cable modem HOWTO
Jess Portnoy has some additions and updates for the Cable Modem HOWTO but can not contact the author, Vladimir Vuksan. He agreed to take over the HOWTO if the original author can not be contacted within a reasonable period of time, and if the license allows for this. TLDP is currently checking things out.
* Bash guide available in print
* HOWTO: Presentations with linux
Emma Jane Hogbin recently talked about HOWTO like Presentations. The purpose of the talk was to help people with their own presentations. The slides of the talk address both the preparation for and the presentation of the topic. There are a few screen shots of some presentation software but no details.
* Parallel Processing HOWTO
Hank Dietz indicated that he would be updating the Parallel Processing HOWTO and mutate it into a guide.
5. HOWTO contribute to The LDP
The Linux Documentation Project (TLDP) is working on developing free, high quality documentation for the GNU/Linux operating system. If you want to help TLDP, consider joining <firstname.lastname@example.org>.
Help us create this newsletter. We need volunteers who follow the community (mailing lists, newsgroups, web channels) and report events related to free software documentation. Write to us at <email@example.com>.
The LDP Weekly News is compiled and edited by Machtelt Garrels and Y Giridhar Appaji Nag with help from several other people.