- About Us
* Not actually a new document, but Artemio I. Pavlo thinks it is now worthy of the version number 1.0, and since all one-dot-ooooh's come here, his is not exception. So here is the possibly nearly bug free SquashFS HOWTO.
2. New document proposals
* Kurt Swendson wants you to have a look at this Beowulf Cluster HOWTO. While we already have a HOWTO about the same subject, he argues that the current document is more of a broad background and introduction to clustering, it needs a practical addition and his document is truly a how-to, with step by step instructions. Secure access to the cluster is not covered yet.
3. Updated HOWTOs, FAQs and Guides
* Adrian Offerman's MMBase Installation HOWTO v0.2.5 contains minor corrections and the Creative Commons copyright license has been adjusted.
* Anthony Lissot provided us with an update of the Partition HOWTO. V3.4.4 resolves the inconsistencies between the HTML and XML formats and the sections on LILO placement has been updated along with the swap size discussion.
* Updated code examples in the Custom Linux Porting Guide by Shie Erlich. This guide is intended as a worksheet and general advise to porting Linux to a custom PPC board. It highlights pitfalls and critical points in the porting process.
4. News in The LDP world
4.1. CONSOL and OSWC
Es.tldp.org links to an article by Ismael Olea that summarizes the regional meetings for free documentation in Mexico and Malaga. Ismael was at both meetings and presented some of his work there; you can find the links in the article.
4.2. TLDP editors list
The TLDP reviewers and editors are on their list at <email@example.com>. In case you are interested, you can browse through their archives at the editors mailing list archives.
5. HOWTO contribute to TLDP
The Linux Documentation Project (TLDP) is working on developing free, high quality documentation for the GNU/Linux operating system. If you want to help TLDP, consider joining <firstname.lastname@example.org>.
Help us create this newsletter. We need volunteers who follow the community (mailing lists, newsgroups, web channels) and report events related to free software documentation. Write to us at <email@example.com>.
The LDP Weekly News is compiled and edited by Machtelt Garrels and Y Giridhar Appaji Nag with help from several other people.