This is a read-only archive. Find the latest Linux articles, documentation, and answers at the new Linux.com!

Linux.com

Re: Sigh ... "security" by obscurity

Posted by: Anonymous [ip: 91.140.52.65] on October 05, 2007 01:39 PM
No the attacker wont move on if you change the SSH port, if it is YOU SPECIFICALLY that has gotten in his eye. But the automated BOTS that search only for SSH and try brute force mechanisms, are going to move on. That's possibly around 98% of all attacks you are going to have on your machine. So you are left with the remaining 2% to worry about ;)

#

Return to Secure remote access to your desktop