Posted by: Anonymous Coward
on April 12, 2002 02:03 PM
1) It's not a "closed" beta. It is open to anyone who pays their insider fee.
2) Even if it were a "closed beta" it is still a release.
3) If you were sharing with other developers, you'd ONLY send the source so as to get feedback on build process, environment factors, etc. Many other reasons too; most fellow developers will accept nothing else.
4) You *do* have to make the source available to everyone that you've made the binaries available to. Lots of people have paid $99 for the preview, but did not get their requisite source!!!
5) The Kompany did not use the model you are presenting. Cheap binaries with exorbitantly expensive source code is NOT legal.